Our router got fried at some point on Saturday. What this means is that we don’t have Wifi or cable until Tuesday. This is a problem. We’d managed to go all day yesterday, entertaining the toddler until around dinner time when we were both exhausted. We decided to put in a movie. Thankfully, we managed to talk her out of all versions of Toy Story. I can’t watch it again. I need a serious break from Woody, Jessie, and Buzz. I just do. Watching this began a conversation that has happened many times but needs to be addressed again.
Why does Disney feel the need to kill everyone’s parents? Why?
At first, you may think, there aren’t that many…
You would be wrong. Let’s go through the list.
- Snow White – both parents are dead
- Cinderella – Both parents are dead
- The Little Mermaid – Dead Mother
- Moana – Dead Grandmother
- Lilo & Stitch – Both parents are dead
- Lion King – Mufasa! NOOOOOOO! DEAD!
- Frozen – Both parents dead
- Beauty and the Beast – Dead Mother
- Aladdin – Who the fuck knows. I’m going with Dead.
- Toy Story – Where is Andy’s Dad? No one knows.
- Finding Nemo – Dead Mother
- Princess and the Frog – Dead Father
- Pocahontas – Dead Mother
- Tarzan – Both Parents are Dead
- Sword in the Stone – Both Parents are Dead
That’s a lot! I mean, come on. They had to start doing movies about inanimate objects just to get around some of this. Coco is all about death.
This has a point, I promise. One of the worst deaths to ever hit a Disney movie is Ray the lightning bug in the Princess and the Frog.
This was about the point where my daughter started screaming “Don’t step on him!” from atop her cozy coupe.
If this doesn’t have you all teary then I don’t know what could reach your icy black heart. And this is coming from someone with an icy black heart. Just sayin’.
I went to see this movie in the theater, by myself. Yes, cause I’m that big of a Disney fan. I remember thinking that Ray’s death was a bit harsh but looking at the list above, I’m starting to think I should have been expecting it.
One thought on “Ray is the worst Disney Death Ever”
By far, one of the worst! I was devastated that Disney would think that was okay. I was still crying when Ray was with Evangeline.
You must log in to post a comment.