Things I haven’t done since the work from home order went into effect.
- Driven a car in two weeks – hell, been IN a car for two weeks
- Worn jewelry – of any kind. Not even my wedding rings.
- Listened to an audiobook
- Left my neighborhood – hell we’re lucky I’ve left my house
- Worn anything that wasn’t yoga pant or jeans – I had to put on jeans to make sure my yoga pants weren’t lying to me. They were.
- Been alone. I haven’t been alone in more than a month.
Things I have done since the work from home order went into effect
- Played scrabble and won, by the way
- Put together a jigsaw puzzle
- Marie Kondo’d my drawers – it did not, however, create more space
- Got my daughter hooked on UNO – I can’t tell you how excited I am about this
- Yoga everyday again
- Gained 7 pounds – I’m on my way to the “quarantine 15”
- Ordered stamps from the Post Office – did you know if you ordered them online from usps.com, they’ll deliver them to your house?!? Shut the fuck up! This blew my mind and changed my world. I bought dragon stamps, cause why wouldn’t I if I had the option…
- Drank and entire pot of coffee EVERY DAY, by myself
- Eaten an entire 10 oz bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs – please see point #6 above
- Ordered tacos every Tuesday since this started – I have to support my local businesses…right
- Actually seen my friends more since I don’t have to leave my house to do it. Thanks Zoom!
So there you have it. What’s your work from home situation been like? What have you done or not done that seem utterly strange or amazing to you?