I didn’t post anything last week. The only excuse I have is that I had nothing to say and I was struggling with my nanowrimo stats. I’m still struggling with that. My numbers so far don’t look that great. Here’s a look at what my progress has been:
- Nov 1, 1530 words – a good solid start
- Nov 6, 74 words – a slight blip in the month
- Nov 11, 2296 words – look at this day! I was excited and on track.
- Nov 12, 1039 words – okay, not bad but not as great as yesterday.
- Nov 13, 193 words – nope.
- Nov 14, 1546 words – getting there
- Nov 16, 310 words – what was I doing?
- Nov 18, 88 words – distracted by Facebook. Damn you Facebook!
- Nov 19, 148 words – Bahahahaha, i’m not writing today
- Nov 21, 935 words – wait, was this really only 935 words? It felt like so much more.
As you can see, my totals don’t amount to much and quite frankly, looking at the statistics and some of the graphics, I feel judged. This thing says I need to produce 3343 words in one day just to get back on track. Then I would have to produce 1700 words per day to meet the goal. I’m going to tell you this right now…on my best day, 3000 words is pushing it. And yes that tab is to tell me how to take a screen shot because I forgot and I’m old. Stop judging me. I’m getting enough of that from the website below.
As you can see from the below graph, I am FAR below the necessary word counts to be on track for 50,000 words by the end of November. I mean, shit, I’m not even close. The light blue line is where I should be. The dark blue line is me. The line’s color is gloomy, much like my mood.
This is the one where I really feel like the dashboard is judging me.
What the hell nanowrimo? March 8th? Really?
Can I count this blog as part of my word count total? There’s gotta be at least a hundred words here. That should count…right.
Where are my fellow writers out there? Where are you guys at? Make me feel better.