I know I’m old. I get it. But when did the phenomenon of extravagant prom and homecoming invitations become a thing?
I see these on facebook every year. There’s always some elaborate set up; a big sign, an entire team involved, or some damned tabernacle choir singing. Can’t you just ask someone to go to prom? I especially don’t get it if you’re already dating. Isn’t that kind of a given?
Also, when I googled it, the thing has a name – Promposals – what?
This is so much pressure and quite frankly, asking in the first place is stressful enough. Now, you have to come up with some crazy theme, with balloons or a million falling dominoes to spell out “prom”.
I’m sorry, that’s just too much pressure.
I do have a couple of questions when considering some of the pictures from the link above.
- Are the schools really okay with students filling hallways with balloons and taking up school time to do this? Shouldn’t they be concerned about education instead of if Johnny and Sarah go to prom? Isn’t that a distraction? Maybe we should stop worrying about the size of the strap on girls’ tank tops and be concerned with this instead.
- If I was the owner of those cows, I’d be pissed. No question here but it needed to be said.
- What’s with all the creepers? Someone is creeping into my room to leave a bunch of stalker type shit for me to find, I’m sorry, I’m calling the cops.
- Who is okay with people messing with their food? No one, that’s who.
- A kitten? Really? Did a parent okay that? What if he/she is allergic to cats? You just killed your potential prom date. Good job!
I don’t even want to know what the trend will be when Scarlett is prom/homecoming age. Maybe they won’t have it anymore. One can only hope.