I know I’ve been away for a while and I apologize but it’s been hectic. We sold the Slanty Shanty! YAY! But this does mean that there will be no more tales from the Slanty Shanty.
However, we did purchase a home in North Columbus that was built in the late 70’s. This house requires some serious updating sooooo, look forward to those posts. I haven’t come up with a name yet but we bought a ranch and I’m having a hard time with that. I might just call it a villa because it makes me feel better about living in a ranch.
That nonsense is for next week.
This week, we’re talking about New Year’s Resolutions (cause I did so well on the resolutions from last year…). Let’s review:
- Write blog weekly. – This was a SUCCESS…for about 4 months. In my defense, taking care of an infant took up more time than I thought.
- I will cook at home at least 5 days a week. – This was an EPIC FAILURE. By the end of the year, I barely cooked once a week. Hence the 10 extra pounds I put on. Seriously, I look like a stuffed sausage. UGH.
- I will work out 4 days a week. – AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!
- I will write 3 days a week. – This was more difficult than I thought it would be. With sleep deprivation, Scarlett, buying and selling a house, I lost my mojo.
That was all of them. As you can see, a failure from top to bottom.
So, let’s try this again. I’m going to make New Year’s Resolutions that are important to me and maybe I can stick to them and achieve something. So, without further ado, here they are.
- Write at least 3 days a week. – This is important if I want to get anything done and keep the content flowing and the ideas fresh. I have a few things I want to finish and just have to muster the incentive and inclination to do it. I’m a procrastinator by nature and if I don’t have a deadline, I put things off. I’ve been allowed to languish in my “busy schedule” and putting off everything that wasn’t an immediate concern. Violet Abyss has been sat, and sat, and sat. If I have to put it on my calendar so that everyone knows where I am and what I’m doing, then that is happening.
- Get back on Weight Watchers. – I’m already a paying subscriber but I jump on and off on a whim which doesn’t help me either maintain or lose weight. WW will help me make better choices and probably detox from all the fast food we’ve been eating lately. It’s delicious but horrible for me. Sorry, Wendy’s. It’s time we say goodbye. I’ll miss you!
- I will make my breakfast before work instead of going to Panera. – This one is much easier to stick to since there isn’t a Panera close to where I have to go. YAY! Progress.
I feel like that’s about all I can handle. Otherwise, I’m just setting myself up for failure.
Happy New Year!
You must log in to post a comment.